Hamlet Protein Recruitment Privacy Notice
Hamlet Protein, and its subsidiaries and affiliates understand that your privacy is important to you. Hamlet Protein may process your personal data in our capacity as data controllers. We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data, which is any information that is capable of identifying you as an individual person. This Recruitment Privacy Notice describes how we handle and protect your personal data in connection with Hamlet Protein’s recruiting processes and programs.
This Recruitment Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data of job applicants or potential candidates. This Recruitment Privacy Notice does not apply to our employees, contractors or clients, or other personal data that Hamlet Protein collects for other purposes.
As used in this Recruitment Privacy Notice, “personal data” means information that identifies job applicants and potential candidates for employment with Hamlet Protein, submitted either directly to a Hamlet Protein representative or through alternative channels professional recruiting firms.
We will process your personal data in accordance with this Recruitment Privacy Notice, unless such processing conflicts with the requirements of applicable law, in which case, applicable law will prevail.
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge that:
- You have read and understood this Recruitment Privacy Notice and agree to the use of your personal data as set out herein;
- Your personal data may be transferred and processed worldwide, including countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country, for the purposes and in the manner specified in this Recruitment Privacy Notice;
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied;
- All of your representations are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment;
- This Recruitment Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment offered to candidates hired by Hamlet Protein.
Personal data we collect
The types of personal data that we request from you and the ways that we process it are determined by the requirements of the country in which the position is located, and not the country in which you reside.
Should you apply to more than one location or should the role to which you apply be available in more than one country, the types of personal data we request from you and the ways that we process it are determined by the requirements of all the countries in which the position is located.
We usually collect personal data directly from you when you apply for a role with us, such as your name, address, contact information, photographs and videos, work and educational history, achievements, and test results. We collect similar personal data about you from third parties, such as professional recruiting firms, your references, prior employers, Hamlet Protein employees with whom you have interviewed, and employment background check providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
We may also collect personal data about you online to the extent that you have made this information publicly available. For example, we may find your profile on professional social media websites (such as LinkedIn) and contact you about suitable roles.
Sensitive personal data is a subset of personal data and includes ethnicity, health, trade union membership, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, as well as other categories as prescribed by law. We do not seek to obtain and will not collect such data about a candidate unless permitted to do so by applicable laws (e.g., US equal opportunity monitoring).
Use of your personal data
We collect and use your personal data for legitimate human resources and business management reasons including:
- Identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- Recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring;
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including diversity and inclusion requirements and practices;
- Conducting criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law;
- Protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law; or
- Emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
We may also analyze your personal data or aggregated/pseudonymized data to improve our recruitment and hiring process and augment our ability to attract successful candidates.
The legal basis by which we process your personal data
Our processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above is based:
- In part, on our legitimate interest in evaluating your application to manage our relationship with you and to ensure that we recruit the appropriate employees, and to evaluate and maintain the efficacy of our recruiting process more generally;
- In part, on our need to perform contractual and precontractual measures in respect of our relationship with you;
- In part, to comply with the law, when certain information is necessary to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations;
- In part, on your consent, when we ask you if you wish to be part of our optional recruiting programs.
Data recipients and international data transfers
Your personal data may be accessed by recruiters and interviewers working in the country where the position for which you are applying is based, as well as by recruiters and interviewers working in different countries within the Hamlet Protein global organization.
Individuals performing administrative functions and IT personnel within Hamlet Protein may also have a limited access to your personal data to perform their jobs.
We use third party service providers to provide a HR software system. We also share your personal data with other third party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
We maintain processes designed to ensure that any processing of personal data by third party service providers is consistent with this Recruitment Privacy Notice and protects the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your personal data.
Where required by law, we put in place legal mechanisms designed to ensure adequate data protection of your personal data in a third country.
In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with specific country requirements.
If we do not employ you, we may nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data for a period of time (which may vary depending on the country) for system administration purposes, to consider you for potential future roles, and to perform research. Thereafter, we retain a minimal amount of your personal data to record your recruiting activity with us to enable us to understand whether you have previously applied for a role (or roles) at Hamlet Protein.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technical and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personnel of Hamlet Protein and of our third party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and third party service providers are required to treat this information as confidential.
We take reasonable steps that are designed to keep your personal data accurate, complete, and up-to-date for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We also have implemented measures that are designed to ensure that our processing of your personal data complies with this Privacy Notice and applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have:
- A right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and details of how we use that information;
- A right to amend or rectify your personal data if any of the information held about you is incorrect or out of date;
- A right of portability of your personal data;
- A right to erase your personal data, to demand that we cease the processing of your personal data, to restrict the processing of your personal data, and/or to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. This may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing and we may need to retain certain personal data where required or permitted under applicable law, and;
- A right to provide us with instructions as to the processing of your personal data in case of death.
- In addition and where granted by applicable law, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.
If you would like to make a request to access, review, correct, delete or port the personal data we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact us.
To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal data. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law.
Depending upon the circumstances and the request, we may not be permitted to provide access to personal data or otherwise fully comply with your request, for example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else.
We reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where allowed by applicable law, and/or to deny your requests where, in the company’s discretion, they may be unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unacceptable under applicable law.
Social Media Tools
You can pull relevant information from social media websites (such as LinkedIn, Google Drive and Dropbox) into your application. If you choose to feed any personal data from such social media tools, it will be used in accordance with this Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Hamlet Protein reserves the right to modify this Recruitment Privacy Notice. We will post any changes on our website. Please check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.